Brown Rice & Chicken Congee. Brown rice is a food often associated with healthy eating. Considered a whole grain, brown rice is less processed than white rice, which has had its hull, bran and germ removed. Brown rice retains all the good stuff—the healthy bran and germ, which are removed from white rice.
Brown rice is packed with nutrients, plus it's adaptable to all sorts of cuisines. Add one of our popular foolproof brown rice recipes to your dinner menu tonight. Unlike white rice, brown rice retains the nutritious bran and germ covering of the rice grain. You execute steeping fix Brown Rice & Chicken Congee working 8 technique including 4 moreover. Here you are consummate.
instructions of Brown Rice & Chicken Congee
- It's 1/3 cup of brown basmati rice, soaked for 2-3 hours.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chicken cubes.
- You need 6 cups of water.
- It's 1 of chicken cube.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp. of chopped almonds.
- It's 1 tbsp. of chopped pistachios.
- It's of chopped coriander leaves, fried onion, red chili flakes, lime wedges, boiled eggs to garnish.
This gives it a chewy texture, a nutty aroma, and plenty of essential nutrients. Follow our tried-and-true formula for perfectly fluffy brown rice every time. Brown rice is a highly nutritious grain. It is good for the heart, aids digestion and may reduce the risk of cancer, diabetes and high cholesterol.
Brown Rice & Chicken Congee technique
- In a pan, add rice, chicken, almonds, pistachios, chicken stock cube & salt..
- Add 6 cups water and simmer for 35-40 minutes or till the rice turns soft and mushy..
- Keep mashing it with a masher at intervals for a smooth consistency..
- Ladle into individual bowls. Serve, garnished with chopped coriander leaves, fried onion, chili flakes, boiled egg and lime wedges. You may also drizzle some chili / tomato sauce for added flavour..
Brown rice is a whole-grain rice with the inedible outer hull removed. This is as compared with white rice, which is the same grain, also with hull removed, but also with the bran layer and cereal germ removed. Red rice, gold rice, and black rice (also called purple rice) are all whole rices, but with differently pigmented outer layers. White rice is stripped of the fiber and trace minerals found in brown rice but is usually enriched with thiamin, niacin, iron and folic acid. I used brown rice because of diet restrictions.