Skinny Chili Mac Casserole. This casserole is one your kids are going to beg you to make again and again! It's filled with so many goodies, and using Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta will let you enjoy all of the pasta-deliciousness without feeling bad about it! This cheesy casserole uses several of my family's favorite ingredients, including macaroni, kidney beans, tomatoes and cheese.
It's loaded with juicy ground beef and your favorite Mexican toppings for a perfect weeknight dinner! Chili mac and cheese is pure comfort in a bowl and thanks to the protein and fiber, it's also filling and the perfect family-friendly recipe. You can use white or whole wheat pasta in this recipe, but I wanted to make this a gluten free dish because my aunt who is gluten intolerant. You move grilling imbue Skinny Chili Mac Casserole applying 10 instructions and 7 together with. Here is how you put it over.
technique of Skinny Chili Mac Casserole
- Prepare 1 cup of Rotini Pasta.
- It's 1 lb of Lean, Ground Turkey.
- You need 1 small of Onion, Diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic, Minced.
- You need 16 oz of Kidney Beans.
- It's 14 1/2 oz of Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare 6 oz of Tomato Paste.
- It's 1 tbsp of Taco Seasoning (Or More For Desired Taste).
- It's 1 cup of Reduced Fat Mexican Shredded Cheese Blend.
- It's 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
Everyone loves a good chili and everyone loves mac and cheese. In the past, I've spiced up your classic mac and cheese with jalapenos and bacon. You can either go straight to eating the super cheesy version sans cheese topping or if you want to go the casserole method, transfer the pasta mix. This really is a million dollar mac & cheese casserole recipe, that you shouldn't miss out on.
Skinny Chili Mac Casserole singly
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook pasta according to package instructions and add 1 tsp salt to boiling water..
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add extra virgin olive oil. Brown onion, minced garlic and turkey for 7-10 minutes until onions have softened and turkey is browned and cooked..
- Add in chili beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, ground cumin and black pepper..
- Stir all ingredients together over low heat..
- After pasta has been cooked and drained, add pasta to turkey and bean mixture..
- Mix all ingredients together with a spoon or spatula, and transfer ingredients to a casserole dish. Sprinkle 1 cup of reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend on top. Bake chili mac in oven for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly..
- * This dish freezes nicely. To freeze, omit the cheese and baking. After mixing all the ingredients together on stove top, add to a container and freeze. Before serving, thaw mixture, add to casserole dish, top with cheese and bake to heat through..
It is so good, made with a box of Modern Table's Sharp Cheddar Mac & Cheese, ground beef, canned tomatoes, taco seasoning and cheese. You cave the option to add other veggies (like mushrooms. This is the Best Skinny Zucchini Casserole I've ever made. Forget all the low calorie zucchini recipes you know! Shredded zucchini layered with mozzarella and yogurt sauce and then baked in oven.