Tartiflette. Remove bacon; pour off bacon fat. Place the potatoes in the pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Tartiflette (French pronunciation: [taʁtiˈflɛt]) is a dish from Savoy in the Alps.
The original recipe calls for nothing more than potatoes, chives, garlic and cheese, with an optional topping of creme fraiche, but most others use some combination of. Drain and set aside to cool slightly. The recipe was a great success. You work grilling melt Tartiflette testing 9 modus operandi including 5 and. Here you go make hay.
prescription of Tartiflette
- It's 300 g of Italian ham lean (cubed) / 10 oz ..
- Prepare 750 g of potatoes cooked new (skin on) / 26½ oz ..
- Prepare 250 g of green onion (chopped) / 9 oz ..
- You need 250 g of button mushrooms (halved) / 9 oz ..
- You need 100 g of cheese grated low fat / 3½ oz ..
- Prepare 250 ml of milk skim / 8½ fl . oz ..
- You need ½ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare of “ Spray2Cook ” ( a word used to describe.
- Prepare of any low - cal . non - stick cook ’ s oil spray ).
The name "tartiflette" may have been derived from the Piedmontese word for potato "tartiflâ". Peel and boil the potatoes in water until cooked. Slice the onion and lightly fry. While the potatoes are boiling, heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Chop the cooked potato into bite size pieces. Put a fry pan sprayed with Spray2Cook on a medium to high heat and fry the potatoes turning often until they start to brown..
- Microwave the onions and mushrooms for 2 minutes and add to the pan spraying everything again with Spray2Cook..
- Microwave the ham for 2 minutes and add to the pan complete with any water produced..
- Pour in the milk and just bring to boil before sprinkling in the cheese. Mix the cheese with the other ingredients as it melts..
- Season with the pepper and mix well before serving. Serve alone or with a side salad..
This hearty Tartiflette recipe from chef Steve Groves is a combination of onions, potatoes, bacon, cream and Reblochon cheese. Hailing from Savoy in the French Alps, it's an incredible dish to serve in cold weather (or if you're in the mood for something rich and filling). Feel free to replace some of the cream with crème fraiche if you're after a lighter finish. Tartiflette is a cheesy French potato casserole, slathered in a cheesy cream sauce, dotted with crispy bacon, and topped with baked with typically Reblochon Cheese on top. This potato recipe is based on tartiflette, a Savoy dish Waxy potatoes are simmered with white wine, onion and lardons, then smothered with a heady cheese like reblochon and baked until bubbly and brown I varied mine, adding thyme and using an aromatic cow's milk cheese, Hooligan, from Cato Corner Farm's stand at the Union Square Greenmarket.