Warm Smoked Mackerel with Potato Salad. Our easy and delicious warm potato salad with smoked mackerel recipe proves that salad doesn't have to be boring or drenched in Potato salad is the best side dish for mackerel as it cuts through the saltiness of the smoked fish. Not only that this recipe is. Put the potatoes in a pan and cover with boiling water.
Try more of our favourite smoked mackerel salad recipes. Drain, peel and cut potatoes into wedges. Mix pepper, endive and watercress with potatoes. You be responsible steeping deep fry Warm Smoked Mackerel with Potato Salad applying 13 compound as a consequence 5 together with. Here is how you arrive.
process of Warm Smoked Mackerel with Potato Salad
- It's 400 g of peppered mackerel smoked * (4 filets) / 14 oz ..
- You need 400 g of potatoes new (in small cubes – skin on) / 14 oz ..
- It's 100 g of red onion (chopped) / 3½ oz ..
- You need 100 g of tomato flesh (chopped) / 3½ oz ..
- You need 100 g of cornichons (chopped) / 3½ oz ..
- Prepare 100 g of pepper yellow (chopped) / 3½ oz ..
- You need 150 g of lettuce (shredded) / 5 oz ..
- You need 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise lighter than light.
- It's 50 g of fromage fat - free frais / 2 oz ..
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of Dijon mustard.
- It's 1½ tablespoons of parsley dried.
- It's 1 teaspoon of white pepper ground.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
Pour dressing over vegetables and mix to combine. Separate smoked mackerel into bite-sized pieces and fold into the salad. Smoked mackerel and potato salad recipe; warm roast potatoes with smoked mackerel tossed in and no dressing It's served warm so various individuals averse to cold potatoes may not complain. While the potatoes are cooking, mix the crème fraîche in a large bowl with the horseradish cream and lemon juice.
Warm Smoked Mackerel with Potato Salad singly
- Put the potatoes in boiling water for 12 minutes, check they are cooked, then strain and allow cooling..
- To Skin The Tomatoes: Place in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove the tomatoes and the skin should peel off easily. Cut the tomato in half and de-seed keeping only the flesh. Continue until enough flesh has been harvested to make up the weight required..
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, fromage frais and mustard with the pepper and salt..
- Add the potato and all the other ingredients (except the lettuce and mix well. Serve the potato salad on a bed of lettuce..
- Next - microwave the mackerel in 15 second bursts until warm (only warm enough to be easily handled) serve immediately..
Season well with freshly ground black pepper (there's no need for salt because of the saltiness of the smoked mackerel). Add the radishes and chopped coriander leaves, then drizzle with the dressing and toss gently. Lift the mackerel out of the pickling liquor and put it on serving plates. Potato Salad with Warm Mackerel Recipe. Thickly slice the potatoes and place in a pan.