Cream of Mushroom Soup. Cream of mushroom soup is a simple type of soup where a basic roux is thinned with cream or milk and then mushrooms and/or mushroom broth are added. My daughter-in-law, a gourmet cook, served this cream of mushroom soup recipe as the first course for a holiday dinner. She received the recipe from her mom and graciously shared it with me.
Cream of mushroom soup is not gluten free as wheat flour is used to make the roux. These starches aid in thickening the soup and also giving it a creamy consistency. In my cream of mushroom recipe, you can easily substitute any of these gluten free flours that I have mentioned. You prepare simmering reduce Cream of Mushroom Soup testing 14 method so 5 together with. Here is how you get someplace.
compound of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- It's 200-250 grams of button mushrooms.
- It's 1/3 cup of finely chopped onions or 1 small to medium-sized onion, finely chopped.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic.
- It's 1 of tejpatta bay leaf.
- You need 1 cup of milk whole or full fat - at room temperature.
- You need 1-2 pinches of ground nutmeg powder or grated nutmeg.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It's 6 tablespoons of cream, - low fat.
- It's 1 tablespoon of whole wheat flour or all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It's 1-2 teaspoons of chopped parsley or coriander leaves.
- You need as required of freshly crushed black pepper.
- It's as per taste of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of finely chopped parsley.
Cream of mushroom soup has been a favorite of mine as long as I can remember. Of course when we were growing up it was Campbell's and it came in a can. Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup is full flavoured and so easy to make, you won't buy soup in a can again! Cream Of Mushroom Soup. featured in Delicious Soups To Keep You Warm This Season.
Cream of Mushroom Soup gradually
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan. add the bay leaf and saute till fragrant for about 2 to 3 seconds. add the finely chopped onions and garlic. saute till the onions soften and become translucent..
- Add the flour and saute for 3 to 4 minutes stirring often on a low to medium-low flame. the raw aroma of flour should go away. then add freshly crushed black pepper and mix well.Add the slices of mushroom and sauté well till the mushroom become light golden..
- Add water first followed by milk. stir well and season with salt. on a low to medium-low flame let the soup come to gentle simmer first. the mushroom soup would also begin to thicken. stir at intervals. simmer for about 4 to 5 minutes till the soup thickens more..
- Cool it and Blend. then add the cream and chopped parsley. simmer mushroom soup or 1 to 2 minutes more stirring often. lastly, sprinkle ground nutmeg powder and stir..
- Switch off the flame and pour the soup in individual serving bowls. Serve the cream of mushroom soup steaming hot garnished with parsley or coriander..
Smacking with savory flavor, and creamy in texture It's essentially composed of mushrooms, heavy cream, flour, and a few vegetables, meaning anyone can make it on short notice and with a tight budget. The use of heavy cream here keeps the soup from curdling, although it doesn't do your waistline any favors! For a lighter soup you can substitute olive oil Be aware that you may get a chunkier texture if you don't use heavy cream. If this creamy mushroom soup sounds too heavy try a mushroom. Mushroom soup recipe - Simple, easy, delicious and healthy mushroom soup recipe with step by step photos.