Red lentil and carrot soup. If you like creamy soups with a lot of flavor, this Moroccan Carrot Red Lentil Soup is the soup for you. Last year I shared a slightly different recipe for Moroccan Red Lentil Soup. Put the kettle on to boil while you finely slice the onion.
This delicious soup is based on a soup I had just recently at a hard cider dinner I attended with Gina. The whole dinner was centered around hard cider (yasssssssssss!) and the Well, my recreation of the soup. Roasting carrots brings out their natural sweetness. You effect stewing coddle Red lentil and carrot soup practicing 14 procedure furthermore 3 moreover. Here you go arrive.
technique of Red lentil and carrot soup
- It's 1 cup of Red lentil/ lal masoor ki dal soaked.
- It's 1 cup of Carrot roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Tomato roughly chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of Cinnamon.
- It's 2 nos of garlic Cloves.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon juice as required or.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 of Onion roughly chopped medium.
- You need 1 tbsp of Garlic cloves crushed.
- It's 1 inch of Ginger piece.
- It's as needed of Fresh cream for garnishing.
- Prepare as needed of Coriander leaves for garnishing.
Together, with roasted garlic, they add wonderful flavour to this pretty and satisfying split red lentil soup. Add lentils and stir to coat. Red lentils cook really quickly so this soup is perfect to make when you don't have too much time on your hands. Red lentil and carrot soup is a healthy and filling lunch or dinner which can easily be made the day before.
Red lentil and carrot soup step by step
- Heat the butter in pressure cooker, add lentil, carrot, garlic, onion, ginger, black pepper, salt, cinnamon, cloves and tomatoes. Cover and cook under pressure till 2-3 whistles are given out..
- Switch off the gas, cool, and put into a mixer jar and grind till smooth.(discard the cinnamon and cloves before grinding) Transfer the mixture back into the pressure cooker you can use another pan..
- Bring it to a boil, add lemon juice mix well. boil for 2 -3 minutes more. Pour into serving bowl, garnish with coriander leaves and fresh cream. Serve hot..
Red lentils are a perfect addition to soup. They cook faster than regular lentils and they tend to fall apart while cooking - which helps thicken up the soup. The carrots add a touch of sweetness that balances out the earthiness of the lentils and cumin. Surprisingly, this red lentil carrot soup is also pretty easy to make. Maybe not as easy as making your own coconut butter but as far as soups go.it's pretty simple.